PanelDraw 4.2 now released! Click here to download for free.
Update (17/02/2015): Panel Weight Calculation added. Now while you are modifying the mechanical GA drawing, the software calculates and indicates the present weight detail of the panel in REAL TIME!
- Helps you in choosing the best design for your panel in terms of weight/cost and aesthetics.
- If you have to increase panel size, you can check whether you should increase the height of the panel or the width.
Note: The weight calculation is a good indication of the estimated panel weight but we do not guarantee an accurate calculation since actual weight shall depend upon the internal structure of the panel. This feature helps in analysing and comparing different designs so that the best combination can be chosen.
Update (28/08/2014): Dimensions are now actual AutoCAD entities rather than just lines and text. After the drawing generation, you can now easily stretch or shrink the dimensions and the dimension values shall scale accordingly.
Update (02/05/2014): Easily combine MCCB/MCB feeders to a single feeder to reduce panel size.
Update (14/01/2014): Multiple Incomers now supported, Panel width OPTIMIZER added for single incomer panel.
Reduce panel cost by optimizing the size.
For a single incomer scenario, the software optimizes the panel width for the given panel height constraint. You can experiment with the optimizer for different panel heights.
PanelDraw is a smart windows based electrical drawing software that aids in design and drawing preparation of compartmentalized type MCCs, PCCs and APFC Panels. The user simply enters the electrical cabinet details (like motor KW, starter type etc) and the software itself calculates and suggests the equipment ratings.
These ratings can be modified by the user as required.
Before generating the drawings, complete optimized panel general arrangement (GA) facia is shown. The user can modify this GA drawing through an easy and intuitive interface.
After final submission, the drawings are generated immediately. Moreover the drawings generated are in PDF or AutoCAD editable DXF format as required. The user is free to make modifications using existing AutoCAD/DraftSight/Similar software.
Moreover, internet connection is NOT required to generate the drawings. All your data and drawing information stays within your own PC.
Following is a snapshot of some of its key features. For a full list of product features click here.
- The proprietary nesting algorithm built into this software automatically generates the mechanical General Arrangement facia of the compartmentalized electrical cabinet.
- Catalogue and dimensions of components pre-fed in the software.
- Each feeder compartment is sized as per the actual space needed for components.
- Although most optimal solution is not guaranteed, the generated drawing is as close to optimum as possible.
- The user is encouraged and advised to verify the cabinet / compartment sizes and make changes as required.
- The suggested GA drawing can be changed in an easy and intuitive manner
- Change the dimensions of any feeder / vertical column simply by editing the dimension text. The panel automatically gets re-sized.
- Delete any unwanted feeder or column by making its dimension zero.
- Drag and drop individual feeders to relocate.
- Drag and drop entire columns of feeders, cable alleys, bus bar chambers to re-position.
- Add as many “Space Only”s as required in each vertical column.
- Add new Column of Space Only feeders.
- Add new Cable Alley.
- Add new Bus Bar Chamber.
- Optionally partition the Metering and Incomer Section if required.
- UNDO / REDO any changes you made to the drawing.
- Both PDF and AutoCAD editable DXF Formats for output files are supported.